It now less than 3 months till we leave and the car is showong some signs of old age, how ever that is not putting me off. Here is my list of concerns
- The fan to cool the engine is not working.
- The engine thermostat is not working
- The first two speeds of the three speed fan to heat the car are not working.
- The water pump is leaking.
- The fan belt is slipping so not charging the batery properly
- The drivers door window does not open.
- the pasengers door does not close properly.
- The bonnet does not shut properly.
- The engine heater control that helps start the car in cold weather has packed up.
- The front tyres keep going down,
- The power steering makes a noise on full lock.
- The back near side door does not open.
- The brakes are pulling to one side
- The steering is pulling to the other side,
- The rear window heater is rubbish
- The hand brake works fine unless you are on a hill
- The car no longer has the power to overtake, not even tractors.
Not to worry, it still does alomost 60 MPG (recorder 59.8 a month ago before the speedo packed up) and it has not depreciated in value for the last ted years, economy motoring!
I have a plan to fix the fan, I believe it may be a thermal fuse on the speed control resistor pack that has blown. Where did i put my screw driver?