The speedo cable is now fitted, i assume it works, I will test it tomorrow. I am looking forward to having it working again, its been about two moths since it packed up. When i am driving to work, I look forward to the clock going over another thousand miles, (about every two and a half weeks) these are mile stones on the way to the quarter million miles.
Rebecca (Daughter) bout me one of them there thermos mugs for Christmas. I will now be able to have a brew on the way to work. I have been wanting one of them for a while.
Here is an update on the fix list.
- the speedo should now be OK
- I have ordered a new switch for the brake lights, Bit dodgy to take the old girl out any distance until it is fitted.
- I have oil ready to top up the power steering, but i want to check the hose is secure before i do this.
- i have ordered a new pump for the windscreen washer and some pipes, the pump was about shagged and one of the pipes was leaking, which was the main reason for the washer not working.
- I have ordered a new fan switch for the radiator fan. That will keep the temperature in order when driving in hot countries like Albania Greece and Turkey (can’t wait)
- The fan on the heater is still an issue, i have emailed a chap out getting the resistor pack fixed as i cant find a replacement part on the net.
Having a meeting with Nick tomorrow to discus the plans.
Nikola Tesla http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikola_Tesla was a Serbian-American inventor, electrical engineer, mechanical engineer, physicist, and futurist best known for his contributions to the design of the modern alternating current electrical supply system. Nikola Tesla was born on 10 July (O.S. 28 June) 1856 to Serb parents in the village of Smiljan, now in modern day Croatia. It is our intention to pay hommage to his work by visiting his birth place on our road trip. This follows the tradition set in the two earlier road trips to Jon-O-Groats in 2010 and the Arctic circle in 2011. www.montybedfords.wordpress.com