The plan to get the old girl into some sort of shape moved on a bit today (boxing day). I have established that the heater fane resistor pack has blown, but i can not find a replacement as yet. I have ordered a new windscreen washer pump and a radiator fan switch. Since the trip to the garage, the water pump is not leaking, the thermostat is working, the fan belt it tight and not longer squeals in pain every time the battery demands mor charge.
The brake lights have a problem, I must get this sorted soon.
Spoke with my co driver Nick, he will soon be adding to this blog and with his familiarity of all things computer, i guess we will get a few more hits…. Result
Next I need to fix the speedo or she will never get to quarter of a million mile on the clock.
It now less than 3 months till we leave and the car is showong some signs of old age, how ever that is not putting me off. Here is my list of concerns
- The fan to cool the engine is not working.
- The engine thermostat is not working
- The first two speeds of the three speed fan to heat the car are not working.
- The water pump is leaking.
- The fan belt is slipping so not charging the batery properly
- The drivers door window does not open.
- the pasengers door does not close properly.
- The bonnet does not shut properly.
- The engine heater control that helps start the car in cold weather has packed up.
- The front tyres keep going down,
- The power steering makes a noise on full lock.
- The back near side door does not open.
- The brakes are pulling to one side
- The steering is pulling to the other side,
- The rear window heater is rubbish
- The hand brake works fine unless you are on a hill
- The car no longer has the power to overtake, not even tractors.
Not to worry, it still does alomost 60 MPG (recorder 59.8 a month ago before the speedo packed up) and it has not depreciated in value for the last ted years, economy motoring!
I have a plan to fix the fan, I believe it may be a thermal fuse on the speed control resistor pack that has blown. Where did i put my screw driver?